Product reviews are the new weapons for Shopify sellers to accelerate the interactivity and credibility of their stores. Nowadays, to build a brand’s reputation and increase sales and conversions product reviews play a vital role.
According to a recent survey, 90 percent of online buyers get their purchasing decision influenced by product reviews. Seeing someone trying the products first-hand and sharing the positive feedback before risking their own physical appearance or health persuades other customers and lures them into buying.
In this post, I’ll share a few handy tips on how your Shopify store can benefit from increasing the visibility of product reviews!
How does Product Review influence Potential Customers?
Suppose, you want to buy a black dress for a special occasion and the item you want to buy is available at two different e-commerce sites. On one store’s product page, there are various reviews for the product whereas, the other store has none. What would your reaction be?
You would purchase the dress from a store with a good reputation. Isn’t?
Product reviews cultivate trust and provide other buyers with a clear picture of what to expect from a brand in terms of quality and service.
Remember that if you don’t have a section for product reviews on your Shopify store, you’re missing out on many potential customers!
Breaking the Power of Product Reviews :
- Increases Conversions: Another benefit of having product reviews on your Shopify site is when you exceed your clients’ expectations, they will publicly promote your items by giving positive feedback. Thus, giving an increase in conversions!
- Better Understanding of the Product: No matter how engaging and informative your product descriptions are, feedback from real-life customers will help your prospects understand the benefits and functionality of your products.
- Allows Spotting The Problem: Product reviews also assist Shopify store owners in identifying and resolving product issues. When many customers report the same problem, it becomes easier to fix it!
- Boosts SEO: The more product reviews your Shopify store has; the higher your e-store will rank in search engines, boosting your search engine visibility. Furthermore, if they see positive reviews on your website, they will make a purchase decision quickly. As a result, your store’s conversions and sales will quickly skyrocket!
- Increased Customer Satisfaction: Customers admire businesses that seek and value customer feedback. The key here is to take both positive and negative customer feedback seriously. If you get a positive response, be grateful, and if you get a negative one, fix it asap!
- Fosters Positive Customer Relation: Reviews are the first thing that first-time visitors will notice on your website. A product with positive feedback immediately captures the customer’s attention, and they feel more confident in their purchasing decision.
Remember that if you don’t have a section for product reviews on your Shopify store, you’re missing out on many potential customers.
How to Increase the Number of Product Reviews?
Google classifies product reviews, which implies that their system scans your product’s reviews and makes them searchable or visible in search results. Thus, increasing the number of keywords for which your items rank on Google increases the number of keywords for which your products rank.
The first step is to make it simple to submit written reviews, either by email/WhatsApp or through your website. Following that, you must employ a third-party review gathering program such as “reviewbit.”
The following step is to make a request. Customers are requested for comments when they receive their items through WhatsApp messaging. Ask for it creatively. I’ve found that asking for a review boosts the number of reviews submitted.
Ways to make product reviews more visible
You accomplished your goal!
You took a chance and decided to start your own company. You created a website. You made products. You sold those items, and now your customers are leaving feedback.
But, where to display these reviews? Well, I’ve got your back.
Customers are eager to know what others think about a product before making a purchase. It might be beneficial to post customer reviews on your brand’s homepage. Positive reviews will greet visitors to your website, establishing your brand as trustworthy and useful.
The most prominent reviews are testimonials. Traditionally, it has been a quotation-marked review of the company attributed to a client. To demonstrate that the review comes from a credible source, testimonials may include links to the person’s website or a case study.
Displaying testimonials on your homepage:
- Immediately demonstrates that your product is valuable and worth purchasing.
- Increases the amount of time people spend on your site and increases sales.
- Displays exactly what customers like about your product and what distinguishes it from competitors.
If there is one place where you should display customer reviews, it is on your product pages.
Displaying reviews on product pages educates other customers about your products and can be the deciding factor in whether or not they proceed to checkout.
The website’s customer review widget is an embeddable badge that invites website visitors to rate your business on review sites like Yelp or Google. In addition, some review sites provide badges that prompt users to read your company’s reviews and direct them to your website.
There are a few things you can do to improve the effectiveness of your review section;
- Incorporate a ‘Verified Buyer’ badge into your reviews. This demonstrates to customers that your reviews are genuine and trustworthy.
- Display user-generated content from your customers’ reviews at the top of the review section. Use a media gallery to present your UGC in a visually appealing and easy-to-find format.
How do I add unique Product Reviews to Shopify?
Several apps help you add unique product reviews on Shopify. They are easily available on the Shopify App Store.
For your store, the “reviewbit” app can be your partner in collecting unique product reviews. The whole process is so easy, from setup to implementation. The review requests are sent through WhatsApp by an Automated Chabot.
So we only need to preset the messages based on our product requirements and schedule the time of the message, and no regular typing is required. Customers will then respond with ratings and photo reviews displayed in the Shopify storefront. Similarly, you can collect distinct product reviews for the same products.
Wrapping it up
Positive reviews displayed on your website give insight into your delighted customers’ experiences. When visitors come to your website, you want them to know that they will have a great experience, both time and money-wise. So, keep collecting with a review app and making product reviews more accessible to your devoted consumers.
Best wishes and a pleasant day!